Saturday, April 25, 2009

Over it

Sorry for such a bummer post. I guess I couldn't shake whatever it was. Today I am feeling much better.The only thing that could have improved on my day is the hope that maybe someday, someone will figure out how to install a snooze button on children. That would seriously rock my socks.

Before I get to work (on Wednesdays and Saturdays) I usually stop at one of our local gas stations, Speedway (they have a very catchy tune). They are next door to my banking office, so it's rather convenient to go. I always have to get my soda for the day. It has been such a habit of mine for so many years of banking, that it's just automatic. The people who work at Speedway know me by name. Sad huh? Speedway has a rewards program too. Every 7th drink that you buy is free, and you get points per purchase depending on the dollar amount that you spend. If there is a "coffee/soda/snack' run needed for my co-workers, I'm usually the first person to volunteer to do the runnin'. I figure that I get a free drink out of it, plus I get all their points too! Bonus! Since I have worked at my office for 6 years now, I have racked up over 51,000 points. Rock On! (750 pts will get you a free 44oz drink, to put it in perspective.). The guy that works there told me that starting May 1, they are changing the point system where it will take more points to receive the prizes, so I should cash them in to get something that I wanted. So... I did. I used 37,500 points and got a $50 gift card to Applebee's. NICE. I totally didn't cook tonight. :)
I guess being a gopher for so many co-workers not only got me free soda, but free dinner for the family. S-w-e-e-t!

Today I even took a 3 hour nap with my snuggle bug, Maggie. I look back and think that Alli used to be such a snuggler... and now she's 'so done' with that. Even though Maggie is an uber mama's girl and drives me nuts half the time with her clinging to me, I know that in a few years she'll be 'too cool' for snuggle time with mom, so I'm trying to take advantage of her wanting me. *sigh* Why do kids have to grow up so fast? (although, a lot of my days can't come to an end quickly enough! LOL)

Overall, it was a very pleasant day.

Now I'm off to do the dishes to prepare for the Sabbath.

2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Yes- a snooze button on the kids would be ideal. I just don't wake up as fast and easily as they do. They are always off and running while I am still rubbing my eyes and trying to make sense of everything.

Way to go on the points! Wow! That is awesome!!

And, yes, the diapers are yours... when can I get them to you?

Megan said...

You gotta love a free meal! Glad you had a good day.

P.S. I began cutting paper out to make some of those cute candy bar bouquets of yours! I'm making them for the girls' teachers and their aids. I'm super excited. Any special tricks I should know about?