This is how the blog works: Two times a week you are issued a challenge in the form of a word, and told to go and take a picture. You have 24 hours to complete your mission. It is fun to go outside of the box, stretch my limits, see what I can do with my limited skills. I've had a few people tell me that my photography skills are improving, and well.... it's all due to this blog. I didn't get a new camera, I'm just learning how to use my camera better. I love the good critiques that I get and getting great compliments. It bolsters my confidence with my new found skills.
If anyone of you wants to improve your mad photography skills this would be a great way to do it. There are some people on the blog who are professional and some are very amateur (like me) so there is a variety of skills. All you need to do is e-mail our fearless leader Rachel (her e-mail is on the blog) and she'll add you to the group.
Yesterday's challenge (due tonight at midnight) was Wisdom.
It was a hard word to photograph. After thinking about it, I realized that there is much wisdom in old proverbs. I chose the proverb : Don't throw bricks if you live in a glass house.
This is the picture I came up with.
I can't wait to see who feels prompted to join!



4 comments:
awww.....I feel so honored that you are excited enough to pass this along! I am so glad you're in the group. You are doing great!!!
I would love to join and I've been thinking a lot about joining. I look at the blog frequently. They're are so many great pictures and great photo savey people. BUT my only problem now is that I'm cameraless, thanks to my fifth camera dying. I have the old one, but it takes lousy pictures. SO as soon as I save and get a new camera I'm so going to join! You take amazing photos and my favorite one that you have taken thus far has been the topic motion! That picture of Alli was priceless and it so should have won something! Keep up the great work!
What an awesome picture! I love that idea!
And you are getting better all the time!! I thought this shot was such a great idea, and it turned out so cool! I'm glad to get to "know" you on mission24!
Post a Comment