Friday, April 10, 2009

Day at COSI


Yesterday I picked up a sweet little friend for Maggie to play with and off we went to COSI (the science museum). The girls were really well behaved. I was very pleased!
I think that the whole of Columbus was also at COSI, since it was so packed and we were just like little sardines. Our first stop was to the traveling exhibit. Frogs.
It is so cute! They have tons of different frogs to look at (alive) and little activities to do there.


These adorable tiny frogs are the most deadliest things. Just the poison from one of these pint size creatures can kill 10 adult humans. I don't think you'll be getting your prince by kissing these frogs!


This was a milk frog or something like that. I just thought the picture was cool.

Sweet girlies playing with the sound machine.


We then stopped at the glance through history type exhibit. You go through a town in the early 1900's, then go through the same town in 1960. They have the coolest things to play with!


This was in the 1900's part. Checkers! The girls loved playing. I don't think they knew what to do.. but it seemed exciting enough!

Our last stop was the kid's play area.
Maggie wasn't much into a sharing mood when it came to these balls. In this picture, she was hatching them.


Here she is saying 'NOOOOO" with her teeth gritted.
It turned out pretty cute, for being the stinker that she was!

Ohh.. I'm such a mean mommy. I made her share.


A statue outside of COSI. It's really cool to watch!


After COSI, we picked Chip up for lunch. He works only two blocks away from COSI, so I thought it was an excellent opportunity to spend some extra time with him.
We went to the Spaghetti Warehouse. It was our first time going. Super FUN.
(I've been to one in Spokane, but I'm not sure if it's the same chain or not)

We ate in the dining train. The girls really liked it alot! Some sweet little lady had clipped some coupons out of the Sunday paper and brought them over to us to use. Two kid's meals for 99Cents! I'll take it anyday! Thank you random lady!

I got the soup. Italian wedding soup. It should be called Garlic Soup with a hint of other things.
Have you ever had wedding soup with spaghetti in it?


Chip's 15 layer lasagna. He said it was delicious!
I just liked the little flag.

Allie with Uncle Sam. She really liked this guy.


Overall it was a really fun day! No fussing, fighting, and aside from Maggie not wanting to share, it was a perfect day! (Maggie even fell asleep in the car, no more than 5 minutes after getting her in!) Thanks Michelle for letting us steal your child for the day!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Maggie is getting so big; she is so beautiful! Looks like a great day with your little girl...and lunch with the hubby to boot! What could be better?

Amanda B. said...

LOVE cosi! We actually just went there today! Although...you thought it was busy yesterday... oh my- don't ever go on a rainy holiday. It was almost impossible there were so many people, but we had a great time. I also really liked the frog exhibit and was just as amazed by the poisonous blue frogs! Just crazy that such a pretty little thing could do that! I have been to the Spaghetti Warehouse a few times and love it!

Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

I love, love, LOVE COSI! I had so much fun there the few different times we went before we moved out west... Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

You may take her any time but please stop calling her sweet she will get a big head!! lol!! Thank you for taking her it was a very nice and quiet morning