Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Isn't it Interesting.......


On Monday Alli stayed home from school "sick". To be fair, in the morning she was hacking up her left lung and had a runny nose; but by mid-day her nose dried up and her cough went away. I decided that since she was staying home and ruining my routine, that I would ruin her routine too.... she would just have to take a nap right along with her sister.
The girls had been two peas in a pod all day (thankfully), so they decided that they were going to sleep on my bed together for their nap time. We'd never tried this before, so I thought (like the idiot parent that I am) that we could give it a shot. I kinda wish that I could go back in time and erase that silly idea from my mind. Talk about my LAST NERVE getting squished.

As I was down stairs I could hear plain as day above me:
*giggles*
*tickle contests*
*jumping*

All I wanted to do was simply have at least an hour of quiet. It wasn't to be.
I went upstairs to tell the girls for the umpteenth time within a 30 minute period to hush, close their eyes, and go to sleep; when I saw the image above. On Chip's night stand he has books that he's reading (or thinking about reading). Alli had snuck some bright pink flubber upstairs and had successfully hid it from my view until that very moment when I had come upstairs yet again. She had draped her flubber on Chip's book, thus sealing it with the pink goo.

This is a fairly new book. Nobody has had the time to read it yet, so it just sat upon the shelf for a while until Chip finally decided that he'd ponder reading it. Just imagine my upset feelings that she had scarred it!

I took the book off the night stand and started laughing as I read the cover......


Quite ironic huh?

4 comments:

Super Angie said...

Hahahahahaha! Steve and I love this!

The Hoogland Family said...

What a funny story! Yeah how could you get THAT mad at Alli after seeing that book!

Rachel Holloway said...

sooooo funny! Thanks for sharing that hilarious little story!

Melanie said...

Great post. Gentle reminders seem to pop their heads up at just the right times...