Tonight I find myself feeling blah-ish. Without a purpose, without things to do, and frankly quite bored. This is a weird feeling.....
This past week I have faithfully kept up on cleaning. I mean, REALLY CLEAN. Even the laundry fairy has come out this week.... THREE times (and ironed all three times too....). Although I am satisfied with a clean house, I don't have a nagging feeling that something needs to be done. Well, I guess there is a few things that should be done. I still haven't made Christmas thank you cards (and all the birthday cards and other thank you cards from December till now too) .... Yeah... I know, It's almost May. (It's on my list). I have about 3 quilts that I am in the middle of that need to be done/caught up (Kit of the month club), and a few other crafty type things. I am forever behind in my scrapbooking. Honestly, I think since my grandpa died last May, I've scrapped like 4 times. It's like his passing just took the 'mojo' out of that part of my life. I am quite saddened.
I am just not in the mood to do anything. Not watch a movie, TV, listen to a book on tape, read, craft, heck... even this blogging is not appealing right now as lots of people seem to have taken a break from their blogs, so I haven't anything new to read. (Seriously people, update your blogs for my amusement!)
Tonight I finally just went and cleaned the van at a car wash, vacuumed it out, threw away the trash... That was a productive feeling. I went to Michael's Arts and Crafts to browse. Nothing there seemed to hit the 'spot'.
This is just an odd feeling I'm having.
Do any of you get this way sometimes? Or is it all just in my head and I need to start taking my anti-depressants again. (I bet that would help).
Urgg.
Blah.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I think you and Maggie need to come over and blow bubbles at my house tomorrow morning. Ally can come too and keep Mia company. ;)
Other than that, all I can say is- do somethin' spiritchal.
Yep- I know how you feel. I get this way sometimes too. And I know what you mean about others not blogging as much. I finally jump on the band wagon and they go find other things to do! How dare they? :) Oh well, we can read each others anyway. :)
Oh you're not alone on that aspect. I feel that way once in a blue moon as the saying goes. Just gotta pick yourself up by the bootstraps and think of positive things to do or think. I know that church music or even watching a musical can decrease that weird feeling.Oh I try to update my blog every week or so, and believe me there is always something going on over here on the westside of the country.
just sit and do nothing...that is one of my favorite things to do! Or take a hot bath! Chocolate helps too! or make your favorite sister-in-law one of your cute purses!! hang in there you are not alone!
Steve and I both have an extreme case of the BLAHS! Not a good thing because we can't even motivate each other.
I chalked ours up to a case of cabin fever after being away from everything for an entire school year.
It helped us to have something to look forward to. Talk to the Chipster and come up with some kind of "carrot." It could be a trip, a new crafting tool, something fun for your new camera (lenses are always exciting!), a pedicure, a massage, anything! Then you set a date for the "carrot" (maybe after you've save up for it), or you attach the carrot to accomplishing a certain task.
The key is that it has to make you kind of excited to think about. Then when you're in the middle of the blah-ness, you can think about it and maybe feel a little perked up.
Sister Bednar gave a talk at BYU-I once about a similar thing. She recommended the following things:
-daily prayers
-daily scripture study
-exercise/being healthy
She said those answers aren't exactly sensational, but the regularity of them can help us be happy.
You can also feel free to call your long lost Alaska friend anytime, and we'll complain about our blah-isness together. :)
Sweet Breezi friend! I am sorry you had a case of the blahs (may I say though, that I am SOOO impressed you had your house clean!!)
I know it's a better day now, But I still am sorry you were feeling down. I definitely know how that feels. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment